Son of Greek Billionaire Dead in US. Fentanyl Is BlamedNewser — Arden Dier
The youngest son of a Greek billionaire has died in Ohio of a suspected overdose involving fentanyl. Socrates S. Kokkalis, 34, was found in Cleveland's downtown Marriott Hotel around 2:45pm Saturday, about 12 hours after he's believed to have died.
Though an official cause of death is pending, police suspect an overdose, noting a bag believed to contain a mix of cocaine and fentanyl was found on a TV stand in Kokkalis' hotel room, reports News 5.
The bag was one of three, per Cleveland.com.
A colleague told police he had last seen Kokkalis, son of the founder of Greek telecommunications giant Intercom, around 10:15pm Friday, per News 5.
Kokkalis, who studied international relations at Boston University more than a decade ago, is believed to have been on a business trip related to a sports betting venture.
- It's Official: Say Hello to Red, White, and Blue
- Man's Cry of 'Stop Fingering Me, Bruh!' Leads to Lawsuit
- As Death Toll Hits 17, Questions Rise About Weather Warning
This article originally appeared on Newser: Son of Greek Billionaire Dead in US. Fentanyl Is Blamed